Wednesday, April 15, 2020

A day in the life of remote learning- Take #462866383754383

I can read. Truly, I can. I LOVE to read. However, I misread that Damon had a class meeting tomorrow instead of today. There he sat, while I was on a call myself, waiting for his teacher to show up. When it dawned on me that no such meeting was taking place, I rapidly scanned his emails and found what we needed. Again. Oh, tomorrow. 

As Yzma says in “The Emperor’s New Groove”, “well, he ain’t getting any deader. Back to work!”

Thankfully there was no death, but there will be Beatings.

The kid switches over to math, which he’s generally strong in.  Then he starts whining about not knowing what to do. 

“Did you watch the video she posted?”

“No.”

“Generally when there’s a video posted it’s to teach you how to do the problems that follow.”

Trying to load video, more frustration ensues as it won’t load. I circumvent the process by searching for the same exact video on YouTube, find it, and start it up. 

“There. Watch video.”

“Video is booooorrrriiing...”

“Watch video!”

*mild grumbling from both parties*

I head into the kitchen to make coffee, rummaging madly in the fridge for the can of whipped cream I KNOW we didn’t already blow through, where IS it, are you kidding me, we CAN’T have gone through that one already, too, oh, whew, there it is, in the door, who put it there?!

*attempt to discreetly shake and squirt whipping cream into coffee* 

*singsong from the sunroom, “I don’t need to follow the directions...”

*from the kitchen* “FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!”

It’s getting dicey, folks. Hump day on Week 5...

No comments: