Friday, April 29, 2022

Carb loaders

 I regularly have crouton thieves whenever I make my salads. I say “my salads” in part because I’m the only one who eats them, and in part because I make huge ones. I figure if you’re going to get all that stuff out and chop it all up, might as well make it worth your while, right?



Anyway, Thing Three is pretty fast and he snags croutons straight out of my bowl before I get the dressing on.

“Croutons fill me with joy,” he claims.

***

I came down the stairs and past the Old Lady Room. The crinkling sound of snack wrappers brought my head up and I see Thing Two in the armchair with the entire bag of croutons in his still-pajama-clad lap. He was calmly eating them straight out of the bag until I busted him! I told him if he wanted croutons that he needed to start liking salad.

***

Thing One lamented to me last night with a fake pout, “I like toast and I can’t stop- I have no self control!” I told the child to have some of the delicious and humongous strawberries, left the kitchen, and came back in to yet another slice of sourdough bread toasting! These People that I live with!





No comments: