Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Spring has sprung

Back to school and on time today. Lovely sunrise!





Just yesterday I’d said I didn’t see any violets or Virginia springbeauties and look who shows up!






 I hate weeding; I think we’ve established that. I feel terrible about the earthworms I uproot and how scary it must be to be going about your business and then thinking, “huh, nobody told me it was moving day.” I apologize the whole time I’m out there. 

Today was even worse as I was chuffing last year’s leaves and this year’s early growth of Creeping Charlie out of the garden behind the garage; I uncovered a leafy mound with fluff in it and had just enough time to think, “uh oh” before a baby bunny squirted out of the hole and zigged left. I thought, “oh dear,” and another one made a beeline right. A third one hopped along the open garage door and I whispered, “don’t go in, oh, don’t go in!” Sure enough, I had to scoop that baby up from between shelving and buckets and, well, you have a garage so just use your imagination. Thankfully I probably smelled like fresh earth as I’d been in it so I took the sweet baby back to the hole, apologizing,  swearing that I meant no harm, and telling them that they’ll get used to me the whole time. I didn’t see the Mama anywhere but she probably watched me from the safety underneath the trailer or the playhouse. I hope that first one scuttles back before it starts raining again. I’m so sorry!




No comments: