Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Random poetry


Cleaning off the deck;


Flowers, flowers everywhere;


Our Sticket has a Snek!


Dada and Liam used the pressure washer that Pap brought on his last visit to strip all the old stain off the deck. Then the boys were out there with rollers and brushes applying new, fresh stain. It looks much better, just in time to be covered with all the seeds and blossoms from the trees out back and bird poop from the robins that nested on one of the floodlights. 

Snek is apparently Internet slang for snake. Since I think it's cute, I tend to use it a good bit. We've declared the Sticket Snek is Stevie. There's another, nameless one out front, usually just called Snek. And there's another, larger one out back who I sometimes find in the smaller garden. 

You know that yellow Don't Tread on Me flag with the snake? I'd seen one a few years ago that read "no step on snek" which I found hilarious. The kids loved it, and we should have bought it on the spot. Instead, we let the opportunity pass us by. Last summer, en route to the OBX, we stopped in the same shop and hunted for it to no avail. Only Don't Tread on Me ones, which doesn't light my fire whatsoever. So Dada being Dada ordered one and now I have this huge flag and have no idea where to put it! It's especially funny as Snek must be related to Bosley Underfoot- I head to get water out of the creek out back and Snek darts between my legs into the creek and eyes me with suspicion. I march out to the clothesline and Snek is squiggling madly through the grass ahead of me, trying to avoid my rainbows. One of these days I am going  to step on Snek because I don't see him in time! Guess I better go fly that flag!

 

No comments: