Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Camp

I took Carrie up to camp with me for the work week. We were only there Thursday, but we got to see all of the Haytock clan, the Caves family, and Skink! We even got to meet the new CEO and the new maintenance man and his family. I hope it shapes up to be a great summer! We also hope to pop in again and see what chaos we can cause. Oops, that was out loud...

Carrie and I did a big trash bash. We hiked all over camp and picked up litter. She has sharp eyes and spotted lots of trash! When we got to the pond, I told her that I thought the water was high and how exciting that was. She promptly tried to stand in it. There's not much shore there, and of course the water went straight over the tops of and down into her boots. I hear, "ack! Help! There's water in my boots!" So she squished around for awhile until we got her dry socks and her clogs. Here she is, air drying her piggies. See boots and wet socks in the bottom of Pepe...
We helped Mr. Dawson scrape off paint. She worked and worked and worked! I never dreamed she'd stay on task so well. She did super!
Future maintenance girl, right there. ;)
Some of it you could just peel off. Doesn't it look like a Truffula tree from Dr. Seuss's The Lorax? She loved peeling off the paint. She'd work a tiny pocket open, wiggle her fingers in it until she could stick her little hand under it, and then it would pocket around her hand, so she called it a "hot air balloon" and kept asking Mr. Dawson and I to find more of them for her. =)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: