Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fun on the front porch

One of the reasons our current home is not our forever home is that it is lacking this- a front porch. I can't tell you how many hours I spent of my childhood on this front porch. I think about the conversations I've had with friends and family, the breezes I've enjoyed, the squirrels and bees and chipmunks I've watched, and how Lisa and I used to tie Hinrew to the swing with the jumprope and "operate" on him with our doctors' kits. She always knew she wanted to go into the medical field. Hehe! Anyway, it does my heart good to watch my kids playing on the same porch and getting scolded for the same things I used to get scolded for: don't drive the matchbox cars on the sides of the bannister, get away from the edge, don't put stuff up on the bannister because it'll blow off. They didn't get told to "not go so high on the swing" but that's only because Lisa and I monopolized it. 0=)
I took this one because I liked his hat, and because it looked like they were in school the way they were sitting at their own tables.
Or rather, under it. Liam wouldn't put that plastic ice cream cone down the entire trip. Even now as I'm blogging he is sitting beside me saying, "mine ice cream cone! Mine ice cream cone fall down!"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi! I love this blog, so good to read it and hear your htoughts.. I'm surprised you left out a couple things though: 1. Those operations on the swing are probably the reason Im so jumpy and ticklish today.. and 2. Surprisingly, you didn't mention watching the summer storms from the porch.