Tuesday, June 24, 2008

PaPa's flowers

This is a "bumblethunderbeast" in my great-grandmother's rose bush. This plant is my very favorite at my parents' house. It takes over most of the garden on the side of the hill and has bazillions of roses. It also has bazillions of the huge, fuzzy bees, which are also my favorite kind! Ernie called them "bumblethunderbeasts" on one of our old Sesame Street records, and it stuck. I still call them that. If a bee is big enough that you hear him buzzing before you see him, then he counts as a bumblethunderbeast!

Look at it trying to take over the world, one sidewalk at a time! ;) I can't wait for our fence to be finished so I can transplant some of this bush to OUR house. I love it!
These are some pretty purple-blue flowers that my mom's best friend gave my parents. They're doing really well on a corner of the sidewalk under a mock orange bush... they're very cheerful!
Some pink roses from my great aunt's rose bush in the front of the house. I need some of these plants too... hmmm... they're not quite as hearty or as full as my great grandma Frances's bush, but they are growing a bit unruly and need thinned out some. That means I get them! Whoohoo! ;)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: