Friday, July 04, 2008

Biker day, for Mar and Jim

Apparently in the summertime the kids at preschool get to choose the subjects they'll study. The topic has been motorcycles and Tuesday the kids got to go on a field trip to the local Harely-Davidson shop. They got to go in the back and see the assembly and ALL that jazz. They were supposed to wear their biker clothes. I'm going, "!!! She doesn't HAVE any biker clothes." So I got to thinking and told her she could wear jeans. She informs me, "no. They wear lever." (As in leather) and I told her they also wear jeans. "No. They wear lever because jeans will rip!" I finally convinced her (thanks to the new picture of Mar and Jim) that yes, they also wear jeans. So we dug out the denim shrug from Grandma Barb with the butterflies on it and her capris to match. We did up a bandana and she found her sunglasses. When I dropped her off at school, her teacher cracked up and said, "WOW, Carrie! You look like a hot motorcycle mama!" Made my whole day. Here's the proof:

I told her to try to look tough, but she kept cracking herself up and we had to take millions of pictures just to get these ones!
Looks more sorrowful than tough mama, but it was as good as we were going to get. The "angry eyebrows" kept making us laugh!

At any rate, they got balloons and wooden toy motorcyles and their pictures taken on a Polaroid of each kid on a Green Goblin motorcycle. Now she wants Dada and I to take her in again so she can show US everything. Mar, where are you when I need you?! Tell Jim he has a protoge (is that how you spell it? Hmmm.../pro-toe-jhay/) Anyway, I kept laughing and thinking how much you two would have enjoyed it all.

Happy 4th of July, everyone! Happy birthday, America! =D
Posted by Picasa

No comments: