Monday, July 21, 2008

Karen the Heron and the Crouton Futons

A few Carriese moments from today before I forget:

At Pizza Hut today she asked Grandmama and I for some crunchy things from the salad bar. We thought maybe she meant chow mein noodles until she said "no no, the futons!" Ahhhh. NOW we got it. Croutons.

And then tonight at the table Grandmama was telling us how she saw lots of mourning doves and red winged blackbirds at our bird feeder. Carrie piped up that she saw the Karen. We couldn't figure out what she was talking about until I listened like a witch* and deciphered that she meant the heron we had seen at the pond by the mosque a few days ago. "Carrie, it's called a heron." "Well. I call it a Karen." "Maybe it's Karen the Heron." "Maybe it's Aaron the Heron."

And as usual, Liam is telling everyone he is "two and a half." This includes the niece of our next door neighbor, who asked him his name. Apparently he told her his reply to everyone, because the next thing I hear is, "Hey! Hey! Two and a half!" HAHAHAHHAHA

I'm not kidding!

*Terry Pratchett fans will probably understand this. It's called Headology and it's often employed by Granny Weatherwax or those who are doing business with her. Read something like his Lords and Ladies or Witches Abroad to see what I'm talking about... Enjoy!

No comments: