Thursday, February 12, 2009

Storms weathered

I know some of you guys keep an eye on our weather and just wanted to let you know that Dada and I camped out downstairs on the futon in the basement so we could keep an ear on the sump pump. It's only trickling now after gushing pretty good last night. Apparently we didn't get all of the rain we were supposed to. It's back down to 37 degrees and is much, much drier outside than it was last night. We did have some big wind, but the power only blinked out long enough to cause Dada to sit straight up out of a dead sleep, see the blinking clock radio, and start to panic. I reassured him that it had just happened. We reset the clock and spent an uneventful night. Just the way we like 'em! Then this morning we saw that we had indeed lost a few panels of siding way up near the roof, but not too bad for as much wind as we had. Just goes to show, if your basement doesn't flood, you can always count on the roof blowing off. Hehe! ;)

The following excerpt is from my friend Meredith. Her two boys know Care Bear from preschool and Jacob is now in her kindergarten class:


I had to laugh, as we were pulling into the Y on Monday, Zachary was wondering if Carrie was going to in the kid zone.
Jacob then proceeded to tell us that Carrie was now his girlfriend. I said since when? He said since today!!
They crack me up. So you will have to ask Carrie.....


So I did. She looked at me like, "what in the world are you talking about?" and then said, "well, IIIIIIIIIII didn't say so." And just like that, I suppose, he was history. Another storm weathered ;)

No comments: