Tuesday, July 12, 2022

A post of pretty things

Damon took the picture below while I was driving. The photo doesn't do the sky justice- it was definitely a beach sky. Above us were puffy white, cotton ballish clouds and further out in the sky the clouds looked blue and the sky looked white. It made me think of days at the ocean and now neither of us can wait to go to the beach, haha!


I know it's called Blue Weed, but they're so lovely.


How's our garden doing, you ask? Well, let's just say that this photo is supposed to be three rows of specific plants. One row is marigolds, one of spinach, and one of carrots. There is one marigold, not where I planted him. There is one spinach. There are no carrots. There is a lot of this stuff, which I forget the name of, and can be eaten (95% sure), not that we will unless it's the end of the world but... sheesh.


Tomatoes are something we do well. They and the basil are coming along pretty nicely.


This is me, so much of the time. Not that I'm literally a corn plant, more that I often feel I'm doing so well and being productive and pleased with myself and then I look around and realize, I'm not where I'm supposed to be at all. I'm achieving because I'm a CORN PLANT and I'm in the BEANS. *facepalm*


Damon also took this little guy's picture. This baby praying mantis was at the pool, supervising from Damon's deck chair. He'd watch the lazy river, then turn around and survey the shallow end, then turn back around to see the lazy river some more. He had us giggling because of his laps back and forth, and how he posed to get his picture taken!

He was actually the second one we'd seen while we were there. The first one was on my chair, happy to hang out on my hibiscus wrap. Then he hopped into my library book and I was worried he'd get squished. He made it onto my hand and then started to run up my arm so I took him out past the deep end and shooed him into the grass. I went back to my seat and a few minutes later we found the one lifeguarding!


Our shy doe came to visit again. The dogs went bananas and she looked so bewildered. She backed into the woods, I put the dogs in, and then she popped out of the woods in the neighbors' yard to watch me for awhile before meandering off. 

Yesterday a mama doe and her twin fawns crossed the street in front of me while I was on my walk, and then we saw them later in the afternoon while we were driving home. She was definitely watching for a good time to cross the street, so here's hoping her babies inherited her smarts! 


Our pepper patch. 


A pretty wildflower I spotted on my walk. I love identification apps on my phone. I have one for plants, one for bugs, and one for snakes!


This was awhile back, but lovely regardless. Enjoy your day!


 

No comments: