Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Send Mary Contrary ASAP

In case any of you were wondering "how does her garden grow?" I can assure you that it's growing. The garden jungle is doing just fine, so much so that when I enter I breathe, "ohhhhh myyyy gosh" because it's completely ridiculous. The red currant (teeny weeny tomatoes) seeds that I ran out of last year didn't affect things at all because they're growing everywhere and dropping all over so I'm going to have them for years to come. 


The basil have gone crazy and are pretty much a solid row of bushes. I've already deheaded the seeds twice but they are completely unfazed and just keep going.


And for whatever reason, we have ridiculous amounts of wild onion? Garlic? Something? But the bees absolutely love the flowers! These have taken over the "courtyard" and are also hanging out in the garden, as you can see. I counted at least two wasps, multiple honeybees, and several other bees in just this clump. You might be able to see some of them if you click on the picture. 


I need to make soup, again. Anyone like tomato basil? I have enough to make a cauldron of it...

 

No comments: