Monday, February 06, 2023

Thank you, God, for food.

 I do believe we have a herd of Cookie Monsters loose in the house. I made chocolate chip cookies last week and I swear the next time I turned around there were three left.


I baked Monday Morning Muffins yesterday. Don't get excited- they're just blueberry muffins out of a box, but I figured they'd work some magic to kick off the week. I'm debating freezing six of them so they last until next week's Monday, haha.



Dunno if you've seen these, but they make edible glitter and put it in chocolate chips. Woohoo! Had to try some. I made another batch- my first with glitter chips- since the first batch of cookies didn't stick around long. I figure it's because we've been out of ice cream *gasp* for several days now. I'm not sure this batch will last long enough for anyone to notice the glitter, but I had a good time making them so that's enough.


Last weekend I made pork bone broth but this weekend it was chicken. I can't even tell you how good my house smells with this simmering overnight. I'm sure it had nothing to do with why I couldn't sleep. That's not drool on my pillow...


No comments: