Thursday, February 16, 2023

Winter weirdness


Um, how does this work?


We seem to be experiencing technical difficulties: it is indeed winter in Ohio, but Ohio doesn't seem to know that. We've had rain and high fifties and low sixties and wind. And more wind. And more wet. And I've seen two bluebirds. 

Not a lot of snow. I'm trying to decide if I mind.

I've restarted as a substitute teacher, and was speaking with a colleague from Virginia. He was a little puzzled about how similar the weather has been to what winter is like in his home state and confessed he expected more cold and snow. I confided that the only predictable thing about Ohio is its unpredictability. I'm sure there will be more Weather. I only hope it's not saving ALL of it until March. In the meanwhile, I'll try to not let any school kids blow away at recess and I'll savor not freezing to the ground at the bus stop!






 

No comments: