Wednesday, September 27, 2023

"Off on an adventure!"

 Thing Three (and his old hoodie) had the privilege of joining the marching band with the rest of his fellow 8th grade bandmates for the home game last week. We lost, but it was a fantastic experience for him to test out the uncharted territory of Friday night high school football and corresponding nuttiness.

                                                      




The poor kid had missed three days of school last week so he was completely exhausted by the end of the evening. He had a great time, but he kept insisting his legs were "SO SORE." I reminded him he'd been unwell and was still recovering. He said he had fun but "it's soooo late at night! I can't do that!" So I reminded him that as he ages into his teenage years his daily rhythms will start to shift and he will prefer to sleep in and stay up later. I told him that even a year from now he will have noticed the difference and it won't be as huge of a deal. Dada and I sure had a blast watching. We walked back to the school beside the percussionists so I could feel all the booming in my sternum. LOVE IT. I'm still bummed none of our kids are percussionsits. Guess I'll have to borrow someone else's kid. Neither of us have been to a high school football game, we don't think, since...
high school?!






No comments: