Saturday, October 21, 2023

A mug of memories

 



Many, many moons ago (we are talking decades, just to be clear) I received the sweetest of greeting cards from my bestie. I only remember it saying Pinkerton on the back so I have no idea if that’s a division of Hallmark or someone else altogether. Either way, no credit goes to me, but I’ve never forgotten the rhyme:

Just sittin’ here, a-thinking

And wishing it could be

You and me a-sitting here

Instead of only me!

Isn’t it funny how sometimes things can make you sad and thankful at the same time? I’m drinking my first cup of coffee out of a mug from my friend Kimmy. The coffee beans themselves came from Peru, where Uncle Kelly picked them up as a Christmas present to us last year. The coconut creamer, which is now my favorite, I would never have even tried if my Lainie hadn’t had some at the beach and recommended it- it wasn’t even on my radar. So here’s me, enjoying my three-in-one mug of memories as I sit and miss them all, four when I count my bestie and her ages-ago card!

No comments: