Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Tights in the trash




 Last Thursday night Thing Three had a Halloween concert in which they were allowed the wear appropriate costumes. I figured I'd dress up a little for the event so I pulled out a new-to-me dress to go over some tights and my tall boots.

I remember thinking, "these tights are way more comfortable than I remember them being. It's nice that I'm not being bisected for a change."

Well.

It was a good thing I was sitting down throughout the concert, because by the time I stood up, crossed the lobby, made it through the parking lot, and got back home, those dratted tights had shimmied down and almost off my buttcheeks, much to the mirth of someone I'm married to! I even had to stay in the car whilst we got ice cream (naturally- how else does one celebrate a job well done?) because I was afraid I'd lose them the rest of the way while we stood in front of the ordering window!

They went straight into the trash and I regrettably sausaged myself into a different pair for Sunday morning.

The moral of the story is ditch the tights and enjoy the concert. And the ice cream!

No comments: