Wednesday, September 04, 2024

A serving of random


He's just so cute, even when he's being uncooperative for photos. His dimple still cracks me up and melts my heart. He's slowly improving but still hacking and coughing like he's trying to rid himself of lungs. We are on week 3. 
Wash your hands.

I had my annual well check today, ha, and wanted to get both a covid and a flu shot because A) tis the season and B) too much closer to surgery is not recommended and 
C) I was right there at the doctors' office.
I was informed that 1) they don't do covid shots at all and 
2) their flu shots don't come in until next week, so
guess who got out in the parking lot after all the usual fun and games to get on her phone, find a local pharmacy and book an appointment in the next five minutes? Boom, baby.




I'm supposed to do a high protein diet before surgery and made the mistake of telling Dada. Living like the Flintstones, I tell ya...

So this is a great story. A close friend asked what he could tangibly do to help before surgery. I laughed about "pain rises" and I wanted something to bite into when the doc injects the radioactive dye that she says feels like an angry hornet. I can't be sedated for that part, unfortunately. My friend said, "I got you, girl." 
These came in the mail! Further proof that I do indeed have The Best Tribe. Thank you!
I call them my bite sticks, but the receipt reads, "Xtra Tough Sensory Chew Stick Toys (3 Pack)- Designed for ADHD, Autism, SPD, Oral Motor Stimulation, Special Needs"... 
In my head I hear the words "special needs" in the voice of Donkey from "Shrek" as he's talking about "you hear that? She called me a 'noble steed'!"
I guess this does count as a special need! 
(I bet they are wonderful on road trips, too, when you're out of Fireballs, your gum is dead and the stress/tiredness is creeping up your shoulders and into your neck and head. Or is that just me? Oh well.)


You'll have to order your own, sorry. These ones will have my germs on them. No touchie. 



 

No comments: