Tuesday, December 07, 2004

"A baking accident"

Okay, that's a funny title if you've seen "Into the Woods"... anyway, this post is just to say how dumb I am. I decided to hop into the shower while she was watching Oobi, thinking she'd stay put & out of trouble. I'd set out the ingredients to make oatmeal cookies at some point today. They're all on the kitchen table...

I get out of the shower to peek on Carrie, marveling at how I got a shower in peace w/ nobody banging on the door and hollering. What I see is Carrie cheerfully shaking the salt shaker, running laps around the house. The salt shaker is, of course, upside down! So I say "thaaaaaaaaank you!" and rescue it from her grasp... noticing that there's now at least an inch and a half of salt missing from the container. Oy vey.

I WAS gonna vacuum today anyway..............................*sigh*

Yesterday we baked cookies at the church and this little monkey got a hold of an empty shatterproof Peppermint Extract container and promptly upends it into her mouth. I DID say empty. However, the look on her face was PRICELESS. Have you ever tasted that stuff!? Needless to say, her eyes were watering, she kept scrubbing her tongue, and her hands smelled like peppermint no matter how many times I wiped them off. Hehe! And the kicker is, she STILL wanted the bottle. Kids!

The tree is still naked, hence no tree trimming pictures. It'll get there...

Have a great day! =D

No comments: