Monday, April 23, 2007

HOORAY!

=D =D =D

Why all the smiles, you ask? Because today is Care Bear's first day of Preschool at the Y with Miss Lisa!!!!

Some of you I told the wrong thing... the preschool meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 1-3 PM and Miss Lisa used to be her Gymnastics teacher. Both were excited to be in class together. But nobody was as excited as I was when I dropped her off and headed outta the parking lot! Haha. I know, I know. I am a terrible mom ;) But say what you may, I now have a complete understanding (and sympathy with) those gleeful parents who sped out of camp after grinning, "have a nice weeeeeeeeeek" in a singsong voice! Hee hee hee...

No, really, I am excited for Care Bear as she starts this new adventure. I can't believe she's old enough to be going to preschool and I also think it is exactly what she needs. Now she'll be able to see WHY we need to use our manners and WHY we take turns. She's gotten a little of that with Liam, but these are other kids her own age. I'm hoping she meets a special friend, too. Liam has Nina, but Carrie really doesn't have anyone that she chatters about and clicks with in that close way. I have high hopes for these 8 weeks!

Today they're doing a beehive craft with paper plates, cut out bees, and bubble wrap (it looks honeycombish- I only wish I'D thought of that!) I can't wait to see the end result. Going to need to get Care Bear a bulletin board for all her art displays. The bottom of the fridge doesn't work very well yet because Liam enjoys smashing everything off of there. Sharon, he keeps stealing that portrait of the boys and roaring at the teddy bears on there ;) Too funny!

Tomorrow we plan to bake cookies for Hinrew & Muggin. They've moved into their first house! So we need to send house cookies to them. =) Carrie's looking forward to using the house cookie cutter. We'll do some butterflies and bunnies, too, now that it's spring. And BOY, is it spring. It's so windy out there today that I'm surprised she didn't blow to Yakima! Our tulips and hiacynths are both up, buds are on our trees, and the grass already needs mowed. Mown? Trimmed. =D

Have a great week! Going to go read some more of Cold Mountain before I get Liam up from his nap and pick up the Care Bear. I'm sure there will be LOTS of stories henceforth about the Y.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Preschool! Yikes, she is getting old, and I am too! Wait until you see the house, it's fantastic, can't wait to have care bear and everyone else at zoo-bal house :)

JC said...

When you're snapping shots will you take a pic of your flowers? As much as I love living in the city, I'd give anything for a yard. Can you just share yours here? =)

Love you to the moon & back!