Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Talking, talking, and more talking

While Care Bear is at preschool, I have a few minutes to get some goodies on here. Here's a conversation from dinner last night. Well, I say conversation, but I mean monologue. She hardly paused to draw breath! This is all her. I got to nod. Once. I scribbled this down with my right hand as I ate with my left so I wouldn't miss any of it. =)

I'm old.
I'm gonna have to get married in a couple weeks.
I haven't been married yet.
I'm gonna marry Lamb. (She means Liam)
He's gonna be in the white dress.
I'll be in the black clothes.
Do you dance at weddings? (This is where I nodded.)
I'm not gonna dance.
I'm gonna stand like this (she poses, head turned closer to a shoulder as her eyes cut the other direction.)
And smile at everybody.


And then she was off in a different direction. Now you have her latest thoughts on marriage. Then later in the evening, she informed Rita that she (Carrie) was going to marry Nina since she (Carrie) was a boy and Nina was a girl. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkay.

Another, older funny has already made it to the quote board here. Frequently I tell her that when I'm talking to her, her eyes need to be on me. I was frustrated with her and remarked, "you better watch your mouth!" to which she replied, "I can't. My eyes are watching you!" Arrrrrrrrrrgh. This kid!!

Preschool on Monday went well. They dipped their bubblewrap in yellow paint and then pressed it on their beehive papers to make honeycomb designs. They read a bee poem, made bee decorations, talked about honey, had a bee song, colored bees... I saw ducks in the room today, so I'm sure I'll be prying duck things out of Liam's hands when she gets home today. Ducks and dogs are his favorite!

The preschool kids even played in the gym at the Y on Monday, although the story I get from her is that there is a person named Jim and that he was playing basketball in there, so I'm not sure that she gets the whole room is a gym. We'll see what happens today. Have a great rest of the week! It's over the hump day! =D


No comments: