Thursday, March 06, 2008

Prayer requests

This post, once again, doesn't have anything to do with Care Bear or Liam the Destroyer. However, some of you were diligent in praying for healing for Manoj's mom and for that I thank you. I have two other requests for you to turn your praying energies towards:

One of the babies I got to snuggle in our church nursery passed away last week. Elias was 7 months old, constantly smiling and snuggling, with big kissable cheeks like Liam had when he was that age. He'd been feeling lethargic so his parents took him into the ER. After a transfer to another hospital, a brain tumor was found in Elias. Surgery was scheduled for two days from then. The next night it was decided that a stint (or stent? I forget, forgive me) needed to be put in to relieve some of the pressure. That surgery went fine, but on the way back to his room he coded and the doctors couldn't get him back. His parents are Kele and Frankie and everyone is just broken hearted for them. Seven months old. They were just getting to the good stuff! Elias truly did bless everyone around him. He loved to snuggle and was usually either smiling or sleeping up against someone's shoulder. He even kissed me once in the way that babies gnaw on your cheek and shoulder if you're lucky enough to be the one snuggling them. Please pray for his family. It happened so fast and is just beyond imagining...

And this blog came to me in an email: www.forleslie.blogspot.com I haven't met them, but from what I've read they could desperately use your prayers too. Please pray for healing and continued peace for Leslie and her family. Some people have such obstacles to overcome and we can truly be part of the overcoming by lifting them up! Thanks for being part of the process.

Supposed to get more snow here, but I'm not even going to think about it. I planted seeds in 100 peat pots (they're tiny, no worries) today so we will be watching for tiny green things in the next few weeks. Maybe then Spring will get the picture and show up here, instead of just in the Pacific Northwest! ;) Stay warm, stay safe, keep praying! Thanks, guys!

And thanks to Grandma Barb for all the playtime for the kids and the free time for me. Hope Pap's truck isn't as bad as it sounds! =( Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: