Saturday, March 08, 2008

Weekend update

I know it's blurry - may have been too close. This is Carrie, mid-change. Kinda looks like those old fashioned nuns. Hehe.
Resident artist at work. She's been drawing like crazy lately, and her drawings are getting very impressive. Perhaps you'll find one in your mailbox soon!
Kinda looks like she has that blue pencil in her eye, doesn't it? It wasn't, I promise! I'd been buried behind my computer and looked up to see her sticking those in there and it cracked me up. Thought you'd all get a kick out of her supplies...
Liam the Marshmallow, ready to go out to play. Isn't he just so cute? This was the last Tuesday snow but it was Wednesday that we went out...

It's snowing again. Care Bear's first swim lesson was this morning and of course we have blizzardish conditions. Thankfully most of it is drifting instead of just coming straight down, so we braved it and headed to the Y since it's only about 7 minutes from here. She tried EVERYTHING her teacher, Miss Holly, wanted her to do, including jumping in at the end of the class. I was so proud! Most of you know how she can be such a mule once she gets something in her head. All last night and early this morning it was, "I'm so excited! YAY! Swimming! I can't wait!" and then once we got her coat and were struggling into it, the story changed to "I don't wanna go! I'm scared! I don't want you to watch. I DO want you to watch. I'm not doing it. I'm not going."

"We're going."

We went. And she sat and shivered along the edge between each activity, but she did GREAT! So if you call to talk to the little miss, be sure to tell her you heard she obeyed her teacher and how proud you are, please. She really did awesome. Can't wait for next week!

And the roads were worse on the way home. Glad we're not going anywhere else today. Wish all the snow would stay in Montana where it belongs =P

Have a good weekend! It's sunny somewhere...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

svredeveld said...

What a cute little marshmellow!