Wednesday, April 05, 2023

April showers


April showers are a true thing around here. We've had some wet! This is our "leak" as the kids call it, extending back toward the house. To the left of these bushes is the neighbors' pond. We joke that we have one, too.

From "Into the Woods": "the path has strayed from you!"



A heron peeked at me on the way home from my walk. I said, "I see you" and he hunkered down a little more, but he didn't take off. Usually he sees us coming and skedaddles, so it's progress. I love when he hides in the culvert, out of the wind, under our street!

And this is the spot where I take the "Dead Marshes" pictures. We are past marsh and into small pond now.


Unrelated to the weather, Dada is home safe from his trip to Colombia, and Hin & Muggin got to go to Puerto Vallarta, so I painted my toenails a beachy, summery blue and joined them in spirit. Somebody's gotta hold down the fort, I guess!


 

No comments: