Monday, April 17, 2023

What's for dinner?

 A certain boychild worked for roughly an hour on homework, wonder of all wonders, and declared himself hungry for pizza. I get out the wraps, the spaghetti sauce, the shredded cheddar that he prefers to the mozzarella and begin making him a personal pizza that I'll heat in the toaster oven. I'm adding the cheese when I realize:

Didn't you have pizza for lunch?

Him: What? Oh yeah. I did. Hahaha!

Me: What fruit or veggie did you have?

Him: Uh, raisins.

Me: You. Had. Raisins. (This child has revealed that raisins are despised in middle school except as ammunition to be launched at one other. Plus he doesn't even like oatmeal raisin cookies. Ain't no way he'll be eating raisins.)

Him: Uh huh. And oranges! Oh wait, no, I mean applesauce. Not oranges.

Me: You did not have raisins. Maybe to throw them, and there's no lunch lady anywhere who should ever have to clean up raisins from an almost thirteen-year-old.

Him: You KNOW that story!? Yeah, uh, maybe I lied about the raisins...

No comments: