Monday, April 17, 2023

What've we been up to?

I, for one, have been putzing about outside as much as possible. As we have no shortage of sticks to pick up or spring blossoms to coo over, this is no problem. I dug my summer clothes out of the various places they'd been stashed, popped into my tank tops, and out I went! Now my arms and shoulders have a nice base going forward and I look like a living person again instead of a pasty vampire.

I was delighted to find mulleins along our bank. Yay!



I believe this is the encyclopedia picture for "dilapidated"; this is the old trellis I talked about a few posts ago. I tore it out and we've added it to the "sticket" pile of brush beside our fire pit.


Perhaps the springs are a bit ghetto but the morning glories will be happy to climb up and take over. I can't wait. I've given up on trying peas here because the bunnies eat all the bottoms and then there are no peas. Only sadness.



My lupine, above right, is ready to go, and there is a bunny nest just to the left of it. It's probably a foot and a half away from where I found a nest last year which I had to return the scurrying baby bunnies to when they all took off in different directions, including into the garage.

These are Virginia Springbeauties and they are just lovely!



I think perhaps the dog is broken.

Thing One Oot and Aboot



Nothing to see here. Move along. And no, I don't make these. We get these from a local coffee shop who gets them from someone else a little further away than local, haha. Dada might be is 100% addicted.

And I found our friend Stevie, the Sticket Snek! I don't know why he likes it in there- looks super prickly and uncomfy to me, but I suppose there's something to be said for camouflage. 






Whilst picking up sticks on Saturday, I reached to grab one and realized, "that's green and squiggly" so I'd been pranked by Stevie again. I occasionally am fooled by him as I collect our myriad of twigs. Then I saw a smaller brown one IN A TREE but of course then I didn't have my phone so I didn't get to snap his picture. I was reminded of the Peppa Pig episode about Tiddles the Turtle climbing trees, so I stole the name and christened the small brown snek Tiddles. Who knows if I'll ever find him again. I dragged Damon out to see both snakes and couldn't find either. Figures. 

This week everyone is back to their regularly scheduled programming. Just as well as Spring remembered, "oh wait. I'm SPRING, not Summer. My bad. I take it back." So here we are in two pairs of pants and winter coats and gazing sadly outside at the clouds. BUT it is GREEN and gorgeous out there and the sun will be back. 

Then we'll have to mow.

 

No comments: