Friday, June 10, 2005

Friiiiiiiday fun

We had a hot week! It was at least 90 three days this week, so we got out the baby pool and some bath toys. Someone small had a wonderful time throwing toys in & out of the pool and then getting in & out herself. She's figured out how to make a "come hither" motion w/ her arm, so she'd get out of the pool, run to the front sidewalk, gesture to me & made sure I was coming, then would run to the front door & plop herself down on the step. As soon as I sat down beside her, she'd take off for the pool again. Back and forth, and back and forth... guess she's making sure I get my exercise!

We just got back from my OB-GYN appointment. No waiting this time, thankfully. She was good as gold, sitting there & eating her goldfish crackers. As usual, the waiting room, nurse, and doctor were charmed by her. I've gained 4 more pounds (whoo hoo!) and again he could hear the heartbeat... said everything sounds/ looks good. I've been getting kicked & bounced all over the place too this week. Always exciting! And this time they DID give me the paperwork & number to call for scheduling an ultrasound, so we'll keep you posted on that.

Then we had some time to kill before we could meet Dada for lunch, so we went to the library to play w/ the ceramic tea set in the children's department. She just loves that! We had many, many cups of delicious pretend tea, and had to blow on quite a few cups as they were hot! The only way I got her to leave it peacefully was to explain that we were meeting Dada for pizza. She so badly wants to take a teacup and the teapot w/ her each time! I sure hope they clean those well every night.... * shudder *

Now we're stuffed full of pizza and noodles and breadsticks. I just put her down for her nap & she was none to pleased w/ me. She also screamed for 10 minutes last night at bedtime. Small group was here and even though she'd already kissed everyone goodnight, she just wasn't ready to be excluded from the group and was furious when we left her in there. Hard to be little!

I'm headed off for my siesta too. Here's hoping I can sleep while getting kicked in a belly full of pizza! Hehe! Have a wonderful weekend. Scott is working this weekend, so not sure how grounded we will be. We need to mow the side yard and he needs a haircut... might be busy around the house this weekend. Take care! =)

No comments: