Monday, June 06, 2005

Weekend Report

We had a hot, hot weekend! I can't even remember what we did Friday night. I *think* that was the night I went to bed while Scott & crew played poker downstairs. Hmmm.

Saturday we were late getting up and getting to Carleigh's graduation party. It was a nice time, even with the 5 minute surprise thunderstorm that tried to uproot their big tent! We went home for a nap, got up and went back into Ottawa for dinner at the Thai Cafe, our favorite restaurant there. It was HOG weekend for the Harley owners, so there were tons of bikes & bikers for us to watch while we ate. Carrie was very interested in their comings and goings, so it helped we had a window table. The staff there really enjoyed her (we were one of two tables that were filled) and they gave her extra treats while she charmed them. Then we checked Jeremiah Joe's to see if Christine was working. She wasn't, but we got drinks anyway and tried to play a game of checkers. Care Bear is a checker thief! I lost, badly, and it didn't help that she kept stealing my men to put in her huge empty coffee cup =( Then we visited the park & the big fountain. She figured out she could walk along the concrete blocks that line all the landscaping, so she made lap after lap right along the flowers. Stupid me had left the camera in the diaper bag in Pepe, so we didn't get any park pictures w/ the beautiful flowers or fountain. Phooey.

Sunday we went to church, to Wendy's for lunch, had our nap, and then grilled out after Dada mowed the grass. We still have more to mow, and today my clothesline fell down. I said, "Sweet Indian!" and some other choice words under my breath... one more thing for the job list for when my Dad comes out later this month ;)

Here's the latest photos. She's still sleeping, so I'm going to go see what other trouble I can get into. Have a great day!

No comments: