Saturday, August 27, 2005

Baking & bug hunt

Care Bear helped me bake some cookies for some far-flung friends and stole some of my equipment (see pictures). Thankfully she waited until it was empty!

Yesterday we went on a bug hunt in the morning. I was surprised how many critters we HAVE out here in the corn. She put her face pretty close to a live cicada after inspecting many of the cicada shells, and was completely alarmed when it buzzed right past her ear. Scared the bejeesus out of her and, of course, made me laugh myself silly, I admit it! After listening to me gasp for air from laughing, she decided it was funny too and laughed very loudly about it. She has been chasing lots of butterflies too, but they're hard to catch in flight w/ the camera. I stuck to slower bugs =)

Had a busy morning running to the post office (to mail aforementioned cookies), the playground, dropping off library books, yardwork, getting gas, and picking up lunch. She was pooped and had a 2.5 hour nap- yippie! Now she's in front of a Baby Mozart video while I "work" on the computer.

Have a wonderful week! We'll be "yoom"ing (swimming) and running around a lot. Enjoy the end of August!

No comments: