Friday, August 19, 2005

Starved Rock day

Last Saturday was super muggy, perhaps not the best day to choose for a hike. But we went to Starved Rock Park ( www.starvedrocklodge.com ) anyway and splashed through some mudpuddles on the trails and goofed around. I'd baked one of Gram's famous pepperoni loaves like she used to make Lisa & I for our weeks at Lambec, so we had that for lunch w/ some other high energy snacks. Sure worked- Care Bear ran around like someone had wound her up too tight! She didn't want to leave and she sure brightened lots of the other hikers' day. They would grin at her & compliment her hiking for being as small as she is. Some college girls really liked her hat and her swishy wind pants. I think she was proudest of her boots (and of course didn't want to take them off either) so she could plunk around in the puddles.

Still need to finish playground pictures... probably tomorrow.

Had another good Dr. appt today... I gained almost 5 pounds in 3 weeks (Meredith, are you sending yours my way?) and had a good blood pressure, like always =) The baby's heartbeat was 140 and the Dr. said, "he's not going to be a 10 pounder... he's going to be small like her." I had to laugh about the 10 pound part- like that was ever going to be an option for me =P Sorry, Wendy, some of us just can't pull that off! Hehe! =D Gotta get the glucose/Rh stuff done in the next few days. Apparently they don't do it all in one hour here like they could in Butler. Phooey.

Have a delightful weekend & I'll post more tomorrow! =)

No comments: