Monday, August 22, 2005

I am SO MAD

There are these neighbor kids who just love Carrie. The girl is 8.5 and her brother is 7. They are constantly coming over (they are at their grandma's house for the summer, two houses away), ringing the doorbell, and knocking, and ringing the doorbell, and knocking, and ringing the doorbell. I have told them & told them & told them that she naps in the afternoon. The girl was just here dinging away on the doorbell and I finally threw the door open & told her that Carrie is napping and that if we are not outside that means we are not COMING outside. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR SCHOOL TO START. The older I get, the more annoyed I get by other people's kids. First of all, when you were 8, did you want anything to do with a toddler? Secondly, where the @#(*$&@)#(%*^@)#(*^ are their parents? I have yet to meet their mother, yet they are over here all the time. Our next door neighbor informed us that the boy and one of his friends threw over 25 rocks into the pen where she keeps her two Rottweilers. Are you starting to see how NOT smart these kids are? Thirdly, I try to nap when Carrie does so that I am not all fiery tempered from being tired and pregnant. Fourth, you can bet everything you own that if that little girl was me and my mother found out I was pestering a pregnant woman that the conversation (lecture) would go something like this:

"You may go over if you see them outside. If they are not outside, leave them alone. They are probably doing other things. She needs all the peace and quiet she can get before the new baby comes. I find out you were pestering her..."

And of course, now Carrie is up, having NOT slept today because the phone rang, everyone and their uncle is mowing, and thanks to this ignorant little kid who was laying on the doorbell. Now I get to have a crappy afternoon and evening because she didn't sleep. Thanks a lot! If only I had a force field around the house... that would settle the yard fencing issues too... hmm, I'll have to get on that! And it's not fair that I am so furious I'll be yelling at Carrie when it's not even her fault she didn't get a nap. I am so angry!

1 comment:

Dave said...

*hugs*

Hope you find some peace and quiet.

And if that fails, try emailing *$&@)#(%. :)