Monday, August 01, 2005

Big girl bed!

For those of you eagerly awaiting news of this milestone, here you go. My Dad had painted my old toddler bed while he was out here last. We finally got time to assemble the darn thing, take out the crib, and get the bed into her room. Here's pictures of her gleeful face when she found it in the garage, and then right after we put it together w/ the sheets on it. Thanks to David for passing down his old Blue's Clues sheets- they're a big hit!

She was so proud, hopping in & out of it. We talked about it the rest of the day. It came time for bedtime and she howled & yelled & sobbed... you'd have thought I was leaving her at a daycare w/ complete strangers for the first time. I had to extricate myself from her grasp (more than once), put her in bed (more than once), and streak for the door before she could get out. She pounded on the door a few times, still sobbing & shrieking. Then we didn't hear anything else. I went into our bedroom & cried (no wonder they call it tough love- w/ pregnant hormones added in there I felt like a monster!) for a little bit myself. An hour later I peeked in on her, fully expecting her to be in front of the door, on the floor, in the corner or something, and was pleasantly surprised to find her on the bed! All stretched out like the most contented thing in the world. =) Whew!

Every nap & night since has been the same... fussing when we leave her, pounding on the door, then giving up & putting herself to bed. Sometimes she even covers herself up. I'm SO glad we did this long before the baby comes... now the crib is all set up in the baby's room and she'll be adjusted. So here's pictures of her all proud- didn't get any of the miserable ones. Should have! Haha!

Oh, and here's some of our flowers for those who were asking (*cough* Lisa) and some pictures of us ready for church this Sunday. Have a super week! I have one more set of wedding pictures to post, but this will be enough for today.

1 comment:

Jessica Gonzalez said...

Wow, that sounds quite traumatic! I will be in the same predicament soon....will keep you posted!