Thursday, January 03, 2008

"The Woods are Lovely, Dark and Deep..."

I love that Robert Frost poem, and I kept thinking about it this morning as I came home from my morning errands. Ohio is indeed very flat, but thankfully we still have pockets of wooded areas. It's not all farms or suburbs yet. I was coming home on Thompson Road and there is a wooded stretch along the last length of it. Every tree was perfectly dusted with fuzzy ice. You know the kind- it wasn't the glazed ice we had a few weeks ago. This is the kind that makes each twig look like it had been dipped carefully in powdered sugar. Every single blade of wild grasses that I could see, every bush, each tree, had all been carefully laced like that. It made me think also of the snow fairy scene in "Fantasia" and I wished that I had my camera. Granted, I was driving, so it wouldn't have been the best move, but I wanted you all to see how still and beautiful everything was this morning. It's melted off now. I hope you got to close your eyes and picture God's beauty for a minute!

I'm so thankful for my laptop so I can share all this stuff now! Hope you all are having a great first week of the new year. Take a minute to enjoy the sun shining on snow! Or for those of you in the soggy Northwest, enjoy how green everything stays because of all your rain. You don't have to shovel rain, you know! Enjoy the beauty of where you are. Have a blessed day! =)

3 comments:

ConnieJ said...

Oh it sounds BEAUTIFUL! I want to move to a place with snow and cold!! We are planning to move to Alabama however it has no snow (sniff).

Val said...

Thank you so much for always leaving me comments. I really appreciate it, sweetie. Nice to know you're reading about us!

So you really are set on Alabama, aren't you? Any specific move date yet?

ConnieJ said...

I do believe God wants us in AL. I would actually prefer to find a place with lot's of snow. However there is no garuntee of cheap homes and another steel mill for Mark to transfer too. We are planning to be completely moved before school start next year. So sometime between June and Auguest.