Wednesday, November 04, 2015

A thief, eggs, and shenanigans


I'd noticed our sunflower seed feeder has been rapidly emptying again and I figured the nuthatches were just busy nicking them away for later. Until I looked out and saw what I did not expect to see. At first glance I thought the culprit was a squirrel, which happens often and is no longer surprising:


But then I looked closer and had to get the camera. Check out that little bugger's tail. 

It's a chipmunk!

Now how did he/she get up there!? 



I headed out to chase it off so that my hungry birdies could come back, and that little bugger launched right off the feeder and took off. Then I passed the front door a little while later and there he was again!

**************************************************************

Totally random, but I had to take a picture of Dada's pretty breakfast. It made me giggle:


**************************************************************

She looks like she's concentrating really hard, right? Like she is thinking something out and using all those brain cells for the powers of good.


Don't be fooled. Minecraft strikes again.


I don't know if I've talked about this Doghouse before or not. It used to be hung up in my grandparents' home and was labeled "Dad", "Mom", "Marty", "Chris", and "Jeff" which is my dad's side of the family. 

Now they read "Dada", "Mama", "Carrie", "Liam" and we had to change the "Triskal" one to "Damon" when he arrived on the scene. It's called the Family Doghouse; the rules are simple and listed right on it: 

To stay out- obey the rules
To get in- try some shenanigans

I remember putting my Uncle Jeff in there repeatedly because he was in the Army and I didn't hear from him much while he was gallivanting around the world. 

Nowadays, it usually has a Thing One or Two or Three in there. Dada had a turn a few weeks ago when he went to the Boy Scout meeting but didn't take any notes so I didn't know when anything was happening. Now he's out and Carrie is still in there, but I don't remember what for this time.... 



No comments: