Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Critter round up

LOTS of fun critters to see on our Mexico trip!


Pelicans


I fished a struggling bee out of the ocean and tried to let him dry off in a safe place. Poor thing had sand stuck to him and wet wings and all that. I fished several others out of the various pools, and was pretty discouraged how few of them survived. Dada mentioned how high the chlorine-to-bee ratio would be and I think he's probably right, as usual. Unfortunately, I even stepped on one poolside which stung my bare foot, poor bee. Muggin teasingly quipped, "serves you right for saving the other one!"


I promise there are fishies in the water! Little ones. =D

And, holy cow, we saw a Blue Footed Booby! In real life! Props to Muggin's sharp eyes. 




I'm a big fan of the tiny lizards, but they are fast little buggers and pretty camera shy!



Cute crabs on the rocks!



 

No comments: