Saturday, February 12, 2005

Mika's party

Last night we went to the Somerville house for Mika's first birthday party. Poor little sweetie wasn't feeling well but she tried so hard to be a good hostess. Hehe! ;) Carrie had a terrific time w/ all the balloons, books, and various dress-up toys she found, and she just loves hanging out w/ all those big kids! They ran around for quite awhile w/ balloons. Carrie played their piano and very much enjoyed tossing a hackey sack to Rene. (I hope I'm spelling her name right! Let me know if I'm not and I can fix it!)

Then Mika opened her presents (we'd gotten her a colorful fish to teethe on, one that crinkles & squeaks) and we had homemade pizza & pumpkin pie w/ lots of cool whip and ice cream. It was a wonderful party! Carrie sat at the big kid table! I'm really glad we're making such excellent friends. Thanks for a great time, Somervilles! We love you!

No comments: