Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Birthday girl and before

I'm behind, again! Argh!

Here are trip pictures (thought I took more than that... well, she was sick for two days...), around the house pictures, and birthday girl pictures.

That's right- our big girl is two already! So we did a cupcake w/ two candles, she had two ponytails (which never made it to church even!), and she got way more than two presents. It was a beautiful, hot day and she never got her nap because we were on the go all day long. What a good kid!

Yesterday was her two year appointment at the doctor's. She weighed in at 20.12 lbs (unbelieveable!!!!!) and is 33 inches tall. I forget the head circumference =/ Amazingly, her doctor was very pleased w/ her, saying maybe she's a "slow and steady" kid since she did gain two pounds since her last visit. She was astounded at how well she holds a pen, just like everyone else has been. We even made some waiting room art for her file. I'd kept a log of everything Care Bear had eaten last week and the doctor was happy to see how well she does and said to keep it up. I was very relieved that her weight (or lack of) didn't seem to be an issue- I was prepared for a fight. Haha! She said as long as her height increases and she does as well as she does developmentally, there was no reason to worry. Then she said, "I think she splits all her calories lengthwise!" Hehehe! =)

She's still a big fan of mail, bubbles, balls, crayons/ pens, and books. Thanks for all your birthday gifts, cards, and cash. She had a wonderful day and will tell you that she's "tao" now when you ask. My favorite word of hers is still her phone-answering "hawl-woah?" and I wish she'd never grow out of that one!

So enjoy the pictures and have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

wendyneric said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!!! Madeleine, Eric, and I wish that we could have been there to celebrate your second BIG birthday! But mom did a good job with the cupcakes and pigtales.

We love you all!

The Olsons

PS - Christian is 24 pounds at 4 and 1/2 months! Count your blessings girl!!!! I'll be lugging him around for years! :) :)