Monday, May 02, 2005

Home again in the flatlands...

We're back home after a busy week in PA. It took most of the day Monday to get back and we stopped to have Girls' Night Out at the Grove City outlets w/ Mary Alice, Amy, and Jen, and her sweet Mike who chased Carrie all around the food court. What a good sport! ;) It was really good to see them all and catch up.

Tuesday we didn't do too much- recovered from sitting in the car for hours. I dropped my dead cell phone off at the Verizon store and ran into Joe where his FedEx truck was parked just outside the store! Amazing. So we exchanged phone numbers- hadn't seen him since before our move.

Wednesday morning Care Bear woke up w/ a fever and threw up on the bathroom floor =/ So we spent the day trying to get her to drink fluids and kept Tylenol in her. The first dose didn't work at all =( We had promised Andrew that we'd come see his new townhouse in Pittsburgh, so when Mom was done teaching we picked her up and headed down there. We took him out to eat and Carrie fell asleep on the bench of the booth at the restaurant! She really was not feeling herself. Most peaceful meal I've had in ages... hehe!

Thursday she felt a little better and we ran over to New Castle to see Nana & Pap Pap while Mom had a dentist appointment. She loved playing Nana's organ and ran around the house w/ various picture frames. They were sad she wasn't feeling well but she was a LOT better there than she was for poor Andrew, who felt terrible that she felt so bad!

Friday we packed up & then that night after Carrie was in bed I met up w/ Joe and Mar at Eat N Park. It was so good to visit w/ them both! Who knows when the last time was we were all together. Didn't get out of there until 12:35 or so, so didn't get up until 9, so didn't leave until close to 11 or after. That makes for a looooooooong day driving back....

Construction never is a good thing, but the signs were so bad and the lanes so messed up that I missed the exit I needed and had to ask directions in some town where I'd never been before. Unbelievable. There were two lanes of oncoming traffic, a median, my lane (which apparently was headed to Wisconsin- so not where I wanted to be!), a median, two lanes nobody was using, another median, and another lane going my way. Of course MY exit was way over there!!! Grrrrrrr. So a guardian angel took pity on me & sent me back on my way. Got home a lot later than I'd have liked.

However, Scott came out to the car to help us in and Carrie yelled, "DADA!" at the top of her lungs and kicked & waved her arms. It was really heartwarming to see.

So now we're home, cleaning up a house that had a bachelor in it for a week (hehe!) and are trying to stay warm. It's freakin' May and it's freezing! I hate this! We actually have leaves and stuff so season-wise we're ahead of PA but man, you'd sure never know it from the temperature.

Back to real life... have a good week!

2 comments:

Mary Alice said...

No pictures from the trip?

Mary Alice said...

I wasn't kidding! You don't have any pictures?