Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The beach, continued

I forgot to mention one of the neatest sights of the trip! We had to drive two cars to get everyone around all week (4 adults & 3 car seats). As we were leaving Camp 18 for the beach, a bald eagle swooped down right in front of our caravan! Wendy & I were riding together w/ Christian and we both said, "Wow! A bald eagle!" It was the first I'd ever seen in the wild, and Wendy's first in Oregon. The boys later told us that they had seen it too. I've heard all the words to describe them... regal, noble, etc etc etc, but they really are amazing creatures and to see one just out of the clear blue sky (haha) was breathtaking. I hope everyone gets to see at least one in the wild at some point in their lives! Awesome.

Back to the beach! I think the highlight for Carrie was the seagulls. She really had fun chasing them all over the beach. It's always funny to see birds run before they decide to fly further off. One of my favorites is the picture of Scott chasing Carrie who's chasing birds. Hehe!

No comments: