Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Ides of March

Happy birthday to Carrie's Grandma today! =) Hope you're having a wonderful day.

For those of you who've asked about/ been praying for baby Christian, Scott talked to Eric tonight and he seems to be hanging in there okay. He'll be under sedation all week so that he can heal. They can hold his hand & talk to him, and when they do, his heart rate speeds up which I guess is a good thing. So keep praying for a smooth healing & for rest and peace for their family. Thanks for the prayers and the concern! If anyone doesn't have their address and wants it, let me know.

Last Tuesday in Oregon, we visited LFDC, the day care where I worked. We had a super visit w/ my best friend from there, Christie. She was floored to see us & charmed by Carrie. Care Bear had a wonderful time outside w/ the big kids (3,4 and 5 year olds) and spent her time blowing bubbles, checking out the playground equipment, swinging, and going down the slide. I think she'd have been perfectly content if we'd left her there! Got to talk to Trish, Jane, and Grandma Kay too, as well as see some of my "babies" from when I worked there. They're in kindergarten now (can you believe it!?) are are completely darling. It was neat to see how big they were and hear stories about their class from Christie. Wish I could have spent the entire day catching up with them... I'm sure they have wonderful experiences to share!

That night we had dinner w/ Scott's former boss from ESCO and his wife, Don and Judy. They are big partiers and wonderful cooks. Carrie loved their house and ran all around, checking out their decor. They don't have any grandchildren yet, so they really got a big kick out of her! We learned on the way to their house that Mapquest apparently gives you the scenic route when you ask for directions. Hehe!

I think Monday night we had the girls in the tub together, so here are pictures of that too.

No comments: